Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blog Update 2

An addendum to the previous post: I am not attempting to censor opinions but it has been my experience that people will say things with a level of contempt in a blog that they would never use to their neighbors face. I took exception to the thread that started talking about the schools and home prices. This has always been a flash point in our neighborhood and I did not think it added to the discussion of the trail. If I had more time I might have edited their comments, but I find that rather presumptuous and if it was me I would rather have my whole comment deleted than have someone edit it.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that nasty and inflammatory comments have no place in this blog. If people want to comment in that fashion they can head on over to the 3-forks blog! In fact, I encourage people reading this new blog to visit the 3-forks blog and take a look at the content of their postings. Then, judge for yourself. Also, give the trail a try! It is wonderful! I have seen Mom's and Dad's with baby strollers, bikers, dog walkers etc. all enjoying the new trail. It has made Mason Mill easily accessible to ALL. It is no longer a hidden asset giving a few select people a woodsy extended backyard view. I really don't understand the total selfishness of the leaders of 3-forks. I hope everyone who supports this new blog will let the county know how they feel so that the very loud voice of a very few unhappy people will not be seen as the opinion of our entire neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say let the ranters rant.

    One can tell a lot about the merits of a person's argument by the tactics he uses to defend it. Their stridency, cheap shots, and so on make some vocal anti-trail folks sound sort of like nuts.

    By all means call them on it when they deviate from decent discourse, and correct them when they state a falsehood. But let them stay on this forum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I enjoy the trail. We have walked it on many occasions and at various days and times. There have always been other folks using the path as well. I have heard that "the finishing of the path" may be delayed for up to a year. What steps can we, as a community, take to accomplish the path's completion?

    ReplyDelete